JansenHealthandFitness

JansenHealthandFitness
Natural Foods and Sports Training. Always consult your physian before trying new workout routines, foods or supplements. Always consider potential allergic reactions to foods, vitamins. herbs or or supplemtents before consuming them. The information on this site is not presented as fact, expert opinon or Advice. We are not responsible for, or attempting to validate the opinions expressed by contributers, we are not affiliated with them in any way.

Friday, January 31, 2014

Welcome

We will be discussing a wide range of topics regarding Health and Fitness Training.  Not trying to sell you anything! I do Not own a Fitness or Health Food company. I an Not affiliated with an Political Party either. This is just a place to share information that can help us all improve our health. I will also be adding training videos as I embark on my own weight loss fitness training.

My interest in Health and Fitness began at an early age - I took a Judo class at age 6 and continued to study a variety of martial arts - well into my 20s. At 16 I worked in a natural food store and trained under the owner - Monty Wolford - a Weightlifting Guru and Pikes Peak Marathon winner.  So, I started exploring Natural Foods about 30 years ago. In my early 30s, I had the pleasure of training with some of the LA Raiders before they moved back to Oakland. More recently I was lucky enough to train with Karch Karily for a day and worked with Hans Stolfus as he rallied to put the AVP back together. I have been following the tour and playing Beach Volleyball for about 20 years.  

I want to point out that I am not fanatical about natural foods. You can't spend every minute worrying about what you eat. However, I hate being ripped off - spending extra money for a supplement or workout program that isn't even good for me. If I need a doctor - I go see one. However, I am not a fan of hospitals or death and try to avoid both whenever possible. That inspired me to start this blog.

A common Sense Approach
Make a list of healthy foods for each meal of the day. Go to the store. Get your ingredients. Include 2 vegetables you like.  Prepare them as side dishes or dice them up raw and use them in a variety of dishes later.  Buy a jar of diced garlic. Dice up a couple onions and keep a container in the fridge. Take a few hours - once or twice a week and prepare your ingredients. Rice, pasta, they have Quinoa pasta now that is really healthy and tastes good. I make a big container of shredded chicken every week and use in everything for Chilli from tacos to pasta and egg rolls.  Eat what you make most of the time. Then splurge once a week or so and you won't feel like you're dieting. I'll post a full article on this later.

I am not an expert at anything - this blog is just a way for all us to share information. Always check with your physician before you start a New training Program or try new supplements and foods. Always check for allergies too. For instance - I love the way MSM helps me recover from a work out. But! If you're allergic to shellfish/Sulfur - it will kill you dead.  

If you do not play sports - the topics we will cover apply to everyone, regardless of lifestyle. Your comments are appreciated and encouraged. Please share your knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment